Friday, April 3, 2009

We NEED a Lasell Fashion Store!

As my birthday quickly approaches (17 more days wooooo) I am obsessively hunting for THE perfect dress. I googled, yahoosearched, and looked at all the stores' websites for exactly what I was looking for, something loud and bright. And no luck.

I wish Lasell had a fashion store where you could buy student designs' or request something to be made (for an affordable price). The collections at last year's Runway 2008 fashion show were amazing; most I would have even purchased for myself and a lot were impressively sewn and constructed. Some of my friends' are designers and their work is so original and inventive. I remember a few that would have fit my birthday criteria perfectly.

On another fabulous fashion note, Lasell will be in another design competition at the Natick Collection called Form to Fashion. Lasell will present student garments at the Neiman Marcus court for a few weeks in May while mall-goers vote on their fave.

Mount Ida, Framingham State and The School for Fashion Design are competing also...but of course I am biased :)

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea... a Lasell Fashion store... designs by Lasell students & graduates... managed by Lasell students & graduates... How can we make this happen??!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure there will be MANY people in the audience at Runway 2009 thinking "I'd wear that...I love that!!"

    If only designers were willing to part with their garments, they could probably make some serious money and gain some publicity(i.e. Who are you wearing? Oh, its by so and so, a designer from Lasell College.)

    ReplyDelete