Monday, February 1, 2010

Haiti Service

Last week I had the opportunity to go to the prayer service for Haiti. I did not know what to expect but after listening to the speakers I have to say I was moved. It was a very emotional event, students, faculty, staff, and Lasell Village members where all there. The audience was as diverse as can be. I was particularly impressed with Reverend Jerry Madkins and the Haitians guest speakers who sung a song in there native tongue. While I was in the audience listening to the service, I was also taking pictures for Michelle. Afterwords Tara Rufo interviewed me and asked me my general opinion about the service. It was a great experience and I know everyone who attended the service was touched in some way by the combination of prayer, speech, and song.

No comments:

Post a Comment