Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Hey Everyone!


My name is Shannon, and I am a senior at Lasell. I am a fashion merchandising major with a minor in communications. I work on campus for the Registrar’s Office: I am the one who puts up class cancellations at 8:30am in 9 degree weather and helps angry students who can’t get into their preferred classes :)

I am interning with Michelle, the Director of Communications in the Office of Communications. I learn about media relations and assist her with gaining press for Lasell. I sometimes work from my room, sometimes at Klingbeil (the Institutional Advancement building), or I am running around campus. It’s a lot of fun, I never know what assignment or task I’m given next. This blog is one of them!

I also intern at the weekly newspaper Newton TAB; my fancy job title is “correspondent” (so cool!). I write stories for the paper and help the Editor with proofreading and formatting. I just edited something that said “pubic administration” instead of "public administration"…can you imagine if that went into the paper?!! Yesterday I got to write the Police blog. It’s funny to read what weekly “crime” happens in Newton, which is hardly any.

No comments:

Post a Comment