Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Lasell has a new campus!

And alas I finally saw it... getting out of my car behind McClelland I walked onto the courtyard area that now constitutes the front of East and West. I had only seen it from afar, and hadn't had the opportunity to stop over by that part of campus .. so finally seeing it was quite the experience for me.

At a glance I thought "It is now almost like Lasell College has a stronger pulse." The campus seems so much more alive, with the new workout area overlooking the courtyard... guitar players, skateboarders and socializing students inhabiting the first enclosed, lighted area...ALL promoting a new sense of community. What a fabulous way to get Lasell students to connect with each other more!

While I had ventured over to this new territory simply to grab a book from a friend living in West, I thought about how different my college experience would have been, had that area existed when I was an underclassman. Feelings of jealousy and pride are the only things that I feel when I think about what could have been, thinking about the progress Lasell has made over the years.... becoming a four year college, going co-ed... all of the recent improvements Lasell has made, becoming more competitive and accommodating..... I am only left to conclude that I could not be happier to be helping Michelle out with Lasell's PR at such a progressive/imperative time.

No comments:

Post a Comment