Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Post-vacation

So it's back to work for me. Spring break was too short, I miss the sunshine!

In my last post I pointed just out how frantic I was with assignments in the beginning of the week and just how relieved I felt for spring break week.

Well, I'm thinking maybe the whole "frenzied and frantic" me from last week is just me...

Yesterday was my first day back to class. We had an assignment due and I completely blanked and didn't do it. Today I rushed to get to class by 3, except once I got there I remembered my class doesn't start until 4! Oh, and at work today, I almost walked out without my sunglasses and with a co-worker's coffee, thinking it was mine.

Maybe I need another week off Michelle and Gail? Please?

I can't get too upset today because the snow is gone, the sun is shining and I got a parking space in my lot :) The landscapers were out on campus today lawn mowing and doing yard work. Spring is finally coming! The campus looks so beautiful when spring hits…its one of the main reasons why I chose Lasell. I am excited that my dorm this year has a porch and a large lawn; my friends and I are definitely going to break out the beach chairs and tan once it’s warm.

Last year one girl dragged her mattress outside to lay on it in the sun…not sure if that’s allowed but it was a great idea.

Also, I attended a Women in Islam speech this morning. I learned a lot about the aspects of Islam, the struggles Muslim women face and sexuality-based aspects of the Koran.

Although, after the presentation I did walk out of the auditorium looking for my car in the parking lot and started to flip out when I couldn’t find it...until I realized I parked in the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment