Friday, March 13, 2009

Spring Break next week!

Spring Break is next week and I couldn’t be happier.

Five days in Florida lying on the beach and two days sitting at home doing absolutely nothing. The perfect week if I do say so myself!

Monday and Tuesday of this week were absolutely hectic. I had deadlines for the TAB and my Magazine & Feature writing class, assignments due to Michelle, a test in Publication Editing and an internship evaluation “essay” for Field Experience.

Everyone thinks I’m crazy for taking on so much my last semester of senior year, but in this economy I need to do anything and everything to put me ahead of the competition. The way I have been trying to see it is, I have the rest of my life to party and most of my friends still have a year of college left so I can visit them if I’m missing the “college life”.

Plus, there’s always enrolling in grad school: new friends, new classes and possibly a new city.

Also, internships are a way to learn what I hate and love in a career while I’m still in school, rather than figuring it out by having to quit job after job because I’m unhappy.

I will miss Lasell but for right now all I am worrying about is how to stuff a week’s worth of bathing suits and maxi-dresses into a carry-on.

Have a great spring break everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment