Friday, March 25, 2011

Juggle, Juggle, Juggle

The return from spring break, as previously mentioned, was not exactly seamless. Things ran just as they had before: homework still came out of nowhere, as for me did outside opportunities that seem to land at my feet when I least expect them. But I like my life that way, crazy as it seems.

I'm lucky to have an internship that is very understanding of outside commitments. For many students, school isn't the only thing you do and finding an internship that respects this can be challenging! For example, I like to act outside of school/interning. It's tough sometimes to balance that schedule, aka "juggle" everything, but otherwise it wouldn't be possible to do both what is needed and wanted-although the truth is, I guess I want it all.

Today, I was happy to come into the office dressed for an audition and still be able to receive a warm welcome and well wishes. Although I try my hardest not to mix one job with another, it's important to me that the person whom I am as a whole is accepted wherever I go, and sometimes time schedules prevent me from minor clashing. Some places won't be okay with your image as an artist, of whatever type that may be. Proud to say, this is not the case at Lasell.

Finding this internship has truly been a perfect fit for me this semester. I've been able to juggle so well that I've missed one day due to sickness (not to brag about my near-perfect attendance..okay I'm bragging). If you're looking for someplace that will accept you for who you are and be flexible yet give you responsibilities you'd like to have in an internship-look at Lasell College's Department of Communication. Just, wait til next Fall-I'm not finished until May, and I won't leave any sooner!!

No comments:

Post a Comment