Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Girl On A Mission

I feel like a Facebook addict this morning, constantly refreshing the home page as I sit here with my yummy iced coffee and digital piles of microsoft word documents. You may wonder, isn't there something else she should be doing with her time in an internship? Nope. I'm doing research.

Facebook has become the newest, most convenient and effecient form of communication. I've found in trying to ask my fellow students in person what top 5 things they have in their dorm room for a story, they "don't have time" to chat or they can't think of it on the spot. Unless I knock door to door, there's no way I could get these answers. Which certainly is a possibility, however if there's a more productive route I'm going to take it. With Facebook, I post the question in a status, and am able to gain responses at the convenience of others as they are in their rooms looking around at what they appreciate most (I'm assuming laptop will come in at number one, but I may be wrong). Another benefit of using a Facebook status is the ability to reach a much broader audience. Here at Lasell, I could knock door to door. I could take the T to other institutions across Boston, however online I'm reaching my girl friends in NYC. My boyfriend's friend's in FL. My old friends in SC, and my friends who've transferred to ME.

See? Instant nationwide varied responses-well, at least if I keep refreshing the home page.

No comments:

Post a Comment