Thursday, February 10, 2011

Nice To Meet You

Hi there! I'm Emmalyn, the Communication Department's newest Spring 2011 intern, and I will be taking over this blog from now until May. I hope you enjoy hearing about my journey!

I've been here for about a week now, and already feel right at home with my own adorable little office and Michelle always happy to help with any questions my mind can manage to rack up!

Last Thursday, I was fortunate enough to be able to attend the Boston Symphony Orchestra's Project Beethoven Fashion Desgin Competition at Symphony Hall in Boston. It felt GREAT to be sitting second row to the runway, taking notes and absorbing the glamorous atmosphere filled with patrons boasting glasses of fine wine, donned lavish fur coats. Among the attendees were Professor Ruppert, Dean Austin and Jim Ostrow, whom were great to talk to!

I truly appreciate, as someone who aspires to become an entertainment reporter, being able to have had the opportunity to be given such freedom within my first few days on-site at this internship. I love the feeling of responsibility, seeing the final-draft of a story I put hard work into, and even the editing/research process I'm finding I enjoy, too. I love coming up with all the answers to a story, watching it piece together!

As of right now, I'm working on a story on a previous alumni profile and highlighting some of Lasell's upcoming events in February/March. I'm finding the Lasell faculty to be so helpful when it comes to needing information/quotes/interviews..sometimes as a reporter that can be so difficult, yet here I seem to have half the stress than I've battled in the entertainment world!

Here's to more amazing stories-and nice to meet you!

Emmalyn

No comments:

Post a Comment