Thursday, February 24, 2011

Refreshing the Page

There are so many more fun experiences to be had in this internship than simply "refreshing the page" of my inbox, but today that seems to be the form of media bringing me the largest wealth of information for articles I'm working on. Finding quotes, tracking down photos, following up with others, you know.

One very exciting experience I was offered today was to see Fox 25's on campus appearance taking B-roll for a story! Honestly, there's nothing I'd rather be doing..except making money, I suppose. Which is, unfortunately, exactly what is holding me back from partaking in today's fun. Work.

Sometimes, it can be difficult balancing a job, school, and an internship, as well as other random extracurriculars that I won't bore you with. There are so many opportunities that arise from simply being someplace at the right time-meeting a new guest speaker in class whom you could network with, learning your company needs a new manager that could pay you more money, or great opportunities like I've had going to the BSO.

There's a very lucky girl, sitting up here in the Communication Department-it may sometimes feel like I'm "everywhere", but it's great to know that other people see me going "somewhere" enough to extend such opportunities my way. Hopefully, I can make the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment