Thursday, February 17, 2011

Swimming In a Sea of Information

Today being my long day here (long being four hours), there was tons of work to be done! After knocking off a media advisory and web story, I've gone back to two other stories I've been working on.

Have you ever felt like you've injested so much information on one topic that you need to step back for a moment? I feel a little that way right now, bouncing back between both stories. Hence the blog-break, as I call it. One of them is very fun, one is very informational however through my research today I've gained a wealth of knowlegde; a "sea of information" that I've been swimming through and trying to sort.

Today, I've re-learned that instead of constantly tackling things head-on as is my usual practice, it can be best sometimes to step back a minute from something and come back with a fresh eye for it.

The best break I think I could have asked for at this time came in the form of a call from Michelle asking me to meet her, along with President Alexander and a cameraman, in the Klingbiel parking lot. There, she taped my reaction to a very interesting sight. Wish I could tell you more about it, but that would ruin a bit of a surprise we've got going on here.

Gotta love working in the world of PR-never know what's coming next!

No comments:

Post a Comment